Millions of people use Signal every day to communicate instantly, freely and for free around the world. Send and receive messages without distortion, participate in high-definition (HD) audio / video calls, and explore an ever-increasing array of new features that can help you stay in touch. Signal’s state of the art privacy protection technology is always on, so we can focus on sharing those important moments with those you care about.
• Say anything – state-of-the-art user-to-peer encryption (offered by the open source Signal Protocol ™) keeps our conversations secure. Privacy is not an option – that’s how Signal works. Every message, every call, every moment.
• Fast – Messages are spoken quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized for even the most cramped environment.
• More Freedom – Signal is an independent 501c3 non-profit organization. The development is supported by users like you. There are no ads. There is no tracking. really.
• Be yourself – we can use our existing phone number and address book to communicate securely with your friends.
• Talking – Whether they live in a city across or across the ocean, Signal’s improved audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
Dim – Switch to dark theme if you are not very comfortable with the light.
• Familiar sound – Select alerts for each contact or mute it completely. Simon & Garfunkel recorded a hit song on the issue in 1964, and we can feel the sound of silence whenever you want by selecting “off” as the ringtone for notifications.
Draw it – Use the built-in image editing features to draw, crop and reverse the image you want to send. There are also text tools so you can add more than a few words to your 1000-word selfie.